Saturday, February 26, 2011

BHLDN ~ Part Deux

  19629054_066_a

Behold my heart…

As if the dresses weren’t pretty enough, Anthropologie’s BHLDN collection brings us stunning shoes and accessories to complete the look.

20612495_004_a

To cover-up a girls bare shoulders on the big day, could these Bolero’s be any cuter?  I fancy the Primrose Bolero, by Quillaree, above because of its ultra feminine raw-edged floral design and delicate blush color.  It would flatter any skin tone.    

The Bow-Topped Bolero, by Hitherto, to the left has a sweet Victorian flare with a modern twist.     

 

 

 

 

shop22

May sound strange, but this photo makes me want to paint.  It’s been a while since I’ve brought out the easel and acrylics (okay, years), but this colorful array of fashion delights may just give me the inspiration I need.  It’s like candy for the soul.  Purple and green and pink, oh my.

20642914_030_a

 

 

 

 

 

 

I digress.  I’ve always been drawn to this shade of green – the Emerald Fields Kisslock Clutch is charming and vintage inspired.  The tuck away strap transforms it into a shoulder bag. 

20642955_004_aThe Gilded Trillium Kisslock Clutch is my favorite bag in the collection.  Made with the softest grey lambskin and topped with a corsage of brass and pearl flowers, it has just enough room for phone and lipstick.

20024733_011_a

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The BHLDN collection features amazing head pieces as well.  The Languid Bow Headband, by Ban.Do, to the left has a fantastic 50’s style and would be perfect for a cocktail length dress. 

 

20614442_069_aI’m really smitten with the lovely Feathered Petals Headband by James Coviellio, which would be a beautiful finishing touch for  bridesmaids.  The rose shade shown here is exquisite and a perfect complement to neutral shades and browns.  I think it also would provide a nice pop to a rich green or purple.  Heck, I think I may buy this one to wear w/my spring & summer dresses.

20614921_040_a

 

 

 

 

This playful photo perfectly illustrates the whimsical feel of the Pompom Rose Headband by Pomp & Ceremony

A colossal collection of raw-edged cotton voile petals perch atop a Liberty of London wrapped band.  And it looks yummy with the gold dress.

 

20039988_010_a

 

Last, but not least, can we talk shoes?

What I would describe as the “perfect Cinderella shoe,” the Threshhold Slingback by Something Bleu, is delicate and supremely romantic with the addition of Festooned shoe clips from Twigs & Honey.  The 4-inch pleated silk-satin peep-toes hide a half-inch platform inside, adding a little height and comfort. 

And about Twigs & Honey…I highly recommend checking out their site for more incredible finds.  

   20199733_011_a   

I love the classic style of the Beaded Brocade Slingback by Rada.  Tied with a grosgrain bow and topped with subtle embroidery, this pointy-toe pair is  sleek and softly feminine.

20193314_011_a

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oppositely, the Moonlit Peep-Toes are a sexy classic by Something Bleu.  I loved the sweet touch that the pompom clips add to this look.  Also really shows the versatility of this shoe.

 

 

19665116_065_aAnd now for the perfect bridesmaid shoe, the lush, nearly glowing silk satin Bow-Topped Slingback from Something Bleu.

 20615837_070_a

Charming and classic, the shoe also comes in ivory and saffron, which are exclusive colors for BHLDN.       

19656826_045_a

 

I could not resist the vintage style and fitting name of the “Elopement Pumps.”  The robin's-egg-blue leather slip-ons by Hey Lady have no shortage of detail.

I just love the scalloped edges around the back and tip of the shoe and the pretty pattern that lines the inside.  These are charmers and would be perfect for a bride-to-be to wear to one of her special parties leading up to the big day.

 

 

So, can you believe I’m still not done covering BHLDN?  How can I stop here when there is still jaw-dropping jewelry to talk about and we certainly can’t leave out the delicate underpinnings.  Stay tuned for more.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

most adorable, I'm in love with the shoes..me wanna all! xoxo

http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hope that some of these items make it in the stores!


take a look at the new blog I just started!

http://lifeasiknowit2000.blogspot.com/

Myra - twigs and honey said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for the Twigs & Honey love!! :)