Monday, February 28, 2011

2011 Oscars Report

022711-mila-350

A Fashion Lovers Dream

 

Oh my, was this years Academy Awards refreshing.  Of all the dresses that walked across our screens, I can’t say there was one disaster.  Not that I would, I tend to focus on my favorites, but sincerely I don’t have any  disappointments. 

Winning top honors for me was Black Swan star, Mila Kunis, in a gorgeous lavender chiffon gown with tiered lace detailing and grosgrain ribbon waist by Elie Saab.  The color was superb and unexpected.  The dress was both delicate and feminine and unbelievably sexy.  Some weren't sure how to take the exposed cleavage, but with her youth and body, I thought it worked flawlessly.  Well done, Mila, you’re the breakout fashion star for me this award season.  

1298851099_mandy-lgNumber two, Mandy Moore wowed us with this classic, ladylike gown from Monique Lhullier.  I can only imagine how breathtaking the gown was in person.  While I think the nude gown trend is being a little overplayed, you can’t deny how amazing they can look on the right person.  Mandy’s light skin tone blends in perfectly with this gown and you almost don’t even notice the sheer fabric at the neck.  She looks like such a lady.  Finishing off this look is her hair and makeup done to perfection.  The chestnut color and soft, romantic bun complete the package and give her top honors for me.  

022711-halle-350

 

Halle Berry has taken a few misses of late, but not last night.  This ethereal Marchesa gown must have been created with her in mind.  The dress was made for a woman with a thin frame and delicate curves and Halle definitely fits the bill.  I adore the beaded floral structure and whimsical arrangement of tulle.  It’s truly one of those gowns that makes you want to gaze and discover every inch of constructed beauty. 

In my opinion, Marchesa is the best thing to happen to award show fashion since Badgley Mischka.   

 

Kaufman FrancoA lot of folks may have missed this jaw-dropping gown worn by Camilla Alves.  On the arm of her beau, Matthew McConaughey, she escaped most of the paparazzi.  I typically prefer color at award shows because I don’t think the beauty of black comes across well on the Red Carpet.  This one, however, is a showstopper.  The simplicity and dramatic sexiness of the plunging neckline on this gown make Kaufman Franco a “one-to-watch” moving forward.  

 

63721244

 

Did anyone not gasp when they saw knockout Jennifer Hudson get out of her limo?  Wow, this woman has transformed herself into such a confident beauty and its written all over her face. 

I LOVE the tangerine color of this Atelier Versace gown against her soft brown skin tone and beautifully swept back hair.  She is styled to perfection with well suited accessories and classic, understated makeup that allows the dress to shine. 

 

With no disappointments on the Red Carpet this year, choosing a top 5 was tough.  Therefore, I couldn’t resist giving an honorable mention to two other stunners that caught my eye.  First, Helen Mirren, in Vivienne Westwood.  This woman has a knockout body and makes the mature years look like the place to be.  Her gown is classic, yet modern and looks amazing with her silver locks.  Gwyneth Paltrow also gets an honorable nod with her sleek, sophisticated Calvin Klein dress.  I love its body conscious retro feel combined with her straight blonde hair.  Gwyneth knows her body and knows her style and she gets it right every time.  Her humble, sometimes bashful demeanor make her all the more lovable. 

Hollywood stylists get an “A” this year for an amazing showing of fashion! 

Vivienne Westwood117105_1298860122

No comments: