Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Scrapbook League

My girls and I just completed our 5-week scrapbook league at Scrappy Chic and had the BEST time!  For those who may not be familiar with a "scrapbook league," it's a little like bowling.  Teams of 4 meet regularly to compete for prizes, have fun and and scrapbook like mad.  Each meet, we keep score (with handicaps) and earn extra points for things like completed pages, difficulty and trying new things.  While we didn't finish first in our league, we did enjoy the fun of the competition and our time together.  Admittedly, I am not the fastest scrapper in the world, so probably didn't help much in the scoring department.  My sister-in-law, Amy, was really the "ringer" in that area.

The photos below were taken at our banquet, where we were treated to a lovely catered dinner, free day of scrapping, prizes and fun (thanks Scrappy Chic!).  The first photo is me and "my girls," whom I adore.  Spending time scrapbooking with them is one of the things I most look forward to.  It's almost like Christmas morning when I wake up on scrap day - I cannot wait to get there.  The second photo is of the award that I received from the league for "Most Supportive Teammate."  It was a bit humbling to receive this recognition, as my team is always just as supportive of me as I am of them.  I guess that's what makes us such a great team.  Thanks girls!      

March 08 019 March 08 020

2 comments:

ATB said...

If your sister-in-law is the "ringer" then she must be an amazing cropper.

Unknown said...

Do they have a fantasy scrapbook league as well?