Saturday, April 12, 2008

Argyleculture

Beckie with Russell Simmons

There are some days that I must admit my life is pretty cool. Yesterday, I had the pleasure of meeting Russell Simmons.  He was in town with Macy's promoting his new clothing line, Argyleculture.  The clothing is designed for men  Simmons describes as "Urban Graduates."  My company handles publicity for Macy's in Detroit, so I started my day VERY early with his first interview at WDIV with Jon Jordan.  Russell started the day wearing a NY Yankees ball cap and took a little light ribbing from the anchors.  By the end of the day he was donning the Old English D.  Very impressive. 

In my eyes, celebrities are just people like everybody else - so I don't usually get overly excited when meeting them.  But, I was thrilled to meet Russell Simmons.  My friends will attest that I'm not exactly "hip" to the hip-hop culture (seems more suited to the younger-hipper set).   I really admire the man for all that he has accomplished - from his very humble beginnings - and the incredible empire he has built for himself.  His brand spans many industries, music, film, television and fashion - and I'm sure there is more to come.  He is an inspiration.

A scrapbook page will soon follow.......

No comments: