Friday, April 18, 2008

Challenge #1: Design a Layout Inspired by Your Favorite Outfit

I love scrapbook challenges.  I tend to use them most when I am suffering from "scrappers block," but they are also great for encouraging you to do something you might not have tried otherwise.  Once a week, I'll include a challenge for you, along with my version of it. 

This weeks challenge is about finding inspiration in something you love to wear.  In my version of the challenge, I'm wearing my favorite dress.  I feel so pretty and feminine when I wear it.  I love the beautiful and subtle blue plaid pattern and the slightly frayed edges on the sleeves.  

My favorite Things About You - 100

I searched for a long time to find just the right papers to compliment the dress, while not competing with it.  I chose a monochromatic theme -  mixing feminine and masculine patterns in the same shade.  A few touches of white were added to break up the blues.  The beige flower pulls out the slight neutral stripes in the dress pattern. 

I really love how this layout turned out.  I mean, how could it not look beautiful when it features these sweet children?

Challenge: Design a Layout Inspired by Your Favorite Outfit.  Layout should contain one photo of you in the outfit, one journal block, one or two embellishments and two or more patterned papers.

Have fun!

No comments: