Sunday, October 3, 2010

These Boots are Made for.….Cozy Weather

DVF - Zappos

This weekends cool fall weather got me thinking about warm snuggly boots…

For years, I have been lacking a stylish fall, winter boot necessary for a Michigan girl.  Winters aren’t easy on footwear and I ruin 2-3 pairs of shoes a season as a result.  I always swear that the next year I will invest in a cute warm weather boot so this doesn’t happen again.  Well, this is the year.  I’ve done my research (trust me, this is farther than I’ve ever gotten before) and I think I’m ready.  Winter boots don't have to be, nor should they be ugly because they’re functional.

I’m pretty sure I NEED to have Diane Von Furstenberg’s chocolate brown Heidi boot (above).  It’s certainly an investment, but common, their convertible style makes them really two-in-one.  They can be worn thigh-high style or cuffed at the knee.  They’re also lined in shearling for irresistible luxury and warmth.   

DVF 3 - ZapposA stylish shorter version is DVF’s Famke.  Less warm weather function as they are warm weather style, these would look pretty fantastic with a pair of skinny jeans and a chunky sweater.  The light camel suede, shearling lined bootie is a knockout.  They also come in chocolate which is equally as yummy.  As a side note, these are from DVF’s fall collection which also includes fantastic snuggly accessories like hats, scarves, muffs and gloves…she has outdone herself with warm weather fashion this season.

Ugg - SaksUgg 2 - Saks

I’m also quite fond of the Ugg “Skylair” wedge boot.  Part suede, part wool knit, the lacing in the back is the little detail that I love.  Ugg has come a long way in offering stylish versions of their classic boot.  Ugg’s can be worn with just about anything (and usually are), translating into big business.  They have cornered the market on creating a versatile product that is stylish and practical AND keeps your feet warm. 

I also really like this wedge bootie style with shearling cuff and the Maxene tall wedge with exposed seams.  It’s almost hard to believe these are Ugg.  

Ugg 3 - Saks   ugg - saks 2 

Hunter - Zappos

 

My favorite rain boot maker, Hunter, has a great fall collection that includes “Gulmarg,” a stone colored suede lace-up wedge.  The wood-heel is a nice touch on this one. 

Other irresistible wedge boots I have my eye on this season are from Chloe and the “Arctic” at Asos.

 

Chloe - net a porterThere’s a reason that this shoe is at the top of every fashionista’s wish list.  At four-inches high, Chloé's brown suede lace-up wooden wedges are probably the most stylish boots in the land.  Every detail down to the knit trim, makes them arguably the most coveted boot on the market. 

Asos has perhaps a more economical version with the “Arctic” (below).  Both of them are perfect for the aviator trend this season.

Another favorite, DKNYC offers a great cozy fall bootie with the “Iliana (below right).”

Asos ArcticDKNYC - Zappos

Fall is my favorite time of year – of course because of the beautiful fall colors and cozy jacket weather, but also because of the incredible fashion.  Fall is every designers dream and the most anticipated time of year for the industry.  Accessories, like a great boot, are a huge part of that. 

There are endless styles of boots alone in the shoe category – all of which require a blog post of their own.  I’m thinking I’ll make this a series and post more later this week on the amazing boots available this season.

No comments: