Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ode to the Bicycle

etsy - morikaty What a beautiful day for a

bike ride!

Searching Etsy this morning for a gift, I came across this sweet bicycle pendant by morikaty.  I just love it’s vintage charm and think it would look great layered with a few other delicate pieces.  Ruche

I thought I’d see what other bicycle themed pieces were out there and couldn’t believe how many cute things I found.

This delicate little charm “A boardwalk bike ride” is from Ruche, and at only $16.99 makes a perfect gift.

 

chinacherie - etsy dandyapple - etsy

These two pretties caught my eye, not only because the necklaces are cute, but the presentation is lovely.  The nostalgic necklace by ChinaCherie on the left shows great detail – enhanced by antiquing the silver plating.  The petite pendant on the right by dandyapple, features a fun vintage bicycle  advertisement showcased under an acrylic bauble, and is mounted in a scalloped antiqued brass setting.  This is one of my favorites – it reminds me of my scrapbooking style.

jezebelcharms - etsy

These Victorian style drop earrings from Jezebel Charms are so unique.

An homage to the first machine to ever to be called a bicycle. 

Note: Literary lovers will adore this designers work…must see jewelry and accessories. 

 

etsy - sarahooYou all know I love crochet – so I fell in love with these adorable crocheted earrings with tiny bicycle charms by Sara Hoo.  I love their subtly and delicate femininity. 

They would make such a thoughtful gift for the bike lovers in your life. 
Etsy - CosmicFireflySo what about the fellas?  We have several friends that love their bikes, and my husband has even discovered a new found interest in his.

These cufflinks by Cosmic Firefly are snazzy and have a nice pop of color.

 Toybreaker - etsy

For the quirky cycling enthusiast, these ties by Toy Breaker are pretty neat.  They are original hand-drawn illustrations.  The ties are made of a soft microfiber, having almost the same hand as real silk and are printed with high-quality, non-toxic, water based ink.
flightpathdesigns - etsy

I love the rustic look of this belt buckle from Flight Path Designs.  It would look great with a pair of jeans and a navy/blue button down shirt – making the belt a little surprise twist.   

 

etsy - babybystevie

Finally – I am so tempted to buy this  bow-tie for my 17- month-old nephew, Owen.  All ties come ready to wear, so no worries if you don’t have knot tying skills.  

Well, with all this talk of bicycles, I think I’ll go take mine for a spin!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello, thanks for following on twitter! those pendants are just the cutest thing!

following your bloggings..

lovely greets!

http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/