Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Skirt

 21346663_040_e

 Leading Fashion Trends for Centuries…

Like all true girly girls do, I have a genuine love of dresses.  I wear them nearly everyday and I’m constantly on the hunt for more.  Lately though, I’ve been on a skirt kick.  Almost as easy to wear as the dress and certainly just as feminine, the skirt is a great wardrobe staple.  This is just a quick post to highlight some of the skirts that have caught my eye – with this amazing styling, who could help but be inspired?

The featured skirt above is a colorblocked sweater skirt by Girls from Savoy from Anthropologie.  The A-Line shape is easy to wear and the color combination is really eye-catching.  This skirt comes in grey too.   

21208046_066_e

I’m in love with this textured pink pencil skirt by Moulinette Soeurs from Anthropologie

The styling in this photo demonstrates its amazing versatility.  Who would think to pair a structured pink skirt with a casual green gingham shirt?  It’s a great staple piece that can be worn conservatively for the office or for a fun lunch with the girls.    

  •  

 

 

 22562698_069_e

 

I just tried this Eva Franco skirt on and it’s really flattering!  The wide band cinches at the waist, keeping the tummy in place and the structured pleats add dimension to the pretty pattern design.

anthro

 

22636393_031_e

Inspired by a fabulous jacket style, the Trenchcoat skirt by Cartonnier can be sporty or professional as Anthro demonstrated well.  I adore both of these looks.  The sash is removable for yet another take.

22636393_031_e1

 21041041_009_e

Another charmer by Eva Franco at Anthropologie. This bold pattern compliments the pencil frame magnificently.  I love the gathered detail at the waist, accented with the simple belt.  Superb.

21041041_009_b    

     Rebecca Taylor - shopbop

Rebecca Taylor is one of my all-time favorite designers.  Her subtle feminine style has so much charm and sensibility. 

This multi-grey shaded flannel skirt has a fun patchwork design that is accented by a contrasting blue trim.  The A-Line shape also features a saucy 7'” back slit. 

 

Now after all of this skirt talk…I think I’ll do a little shopping.  MAYBE one of these?? 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this post! ...and I just featured it at BlogHer Style with a link back to you. You can see it here: http://www.blogher.com/classic-skirt

and find it on the main style page here: http://www.blogher.com/blogher-topics/style

Melissa said...

Really gorgeous choices, I love the pink one, especially. I'd love to feel the texture in person!

xxMelissa